Teatoxing with Bootea

A friend of mine recently introduced me to Bootea's 'Teatox'. Bootea is a UK based company with 100% natural products, they claim that the tea will 'kickstart your healthy lifestyle'. They promote the product with some pretty impressive before and after photos; I thought that I would give it a go. So, not being one to do things by halves, I ordered the 28 day teatox and waited eagerly for my delivery!

Who wouldn't want to see results like this?!

Now, importantly, this is NOT a diet. You are encouraged to eat healthily and to consume two cups of the tea a day: the 'Daytime Detox' (Chinese Oolong tea, Maté leaves, Ginger root, Fennel seeds, Lemongrass, Dandelion leaf, Ginseng root, Gotu Kola leaves, Nettle leaves) first thing in the morning, and the 'Bedtime Cleanse. (Senna leaves, Peppermint leaves, Fenugreek seeds, Liquorice root, Burdock root, Hawthorn leaves, Valerian root, Psyllium seeds) just before bed, every other night.

Sounds easy? It actually is. Already being a herbal tea drinker, I didn't really have to adjust my habits too much. My morning cup of green tea was replaced by my 'Daytime Detox' (by replace I mean that I had both). This tea has a light, lemony taste and is a tasty and refreshing drink to have upon rising; it quickly becomes a part of your daily routine.

The 'Bedtime Cleanse', on the other hand, does not taste as pleasant. It certainly took some getting used to.... I am also a massive scatter brain and sometimes got confused by whether or not I had one the night before (a little embarrassing). However, it certainly does what it says on the tin. I think that the role of this tea is to....regulate you (if you catch my drift) - 'cleanse' it does! Make sure that you drink plenty of water.

Does it work? I think that it really depends what you are looking for and how committed you are to the idea of detoxing. I continued to eat normally (but healthily) whilst doing this so I definitely didn't get results like the photos above. However, I did have more energy and I certainly felt less bloated. Bootea do offer some healthy eating guidance for when you are teatoxing, so perhaps following that may get you the results that are advertised?

Bootea is a little pricey at £19.99 for a 14 day teatox and £34.99 for a 28 day one, averaging about 71p a tea bag. However, it is a one off payment and if you are committed then it might be worth the cost. I also felt that I had really got what I needed out of it after two weeks, so definitely think about which teatox you go for.

Long-term: I'm not convinced. Whilst I can see the benefits, it definitely isn't a long term solution. All said and done, I would definitely give it another go. However, perhaps I will stay away from the chocolate and wine next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snooze, Denial, Repeat: The Morning Workout Experiment

From Couch Potato to Skinny French Fry Running in Lycra

Avocado Dreaming