Smoothie Smoothie Smoothie Smoothie! (ah ah ahhh ah ah ahhh)

Two weeks ago, disaster struck: there was an avocado SHORTAGE in my local area! I desperately searched the shelves of our local shops every day for a week but nada! I was furious. My husband was furious. It was then that I knew we had a problem (a first world problem at that).

You see, the humble avocado (along with almond milk) is the staple of our daily smoothies. They have become so ingrained in our day to day lives that it has taken "The Great Avocado Shortage of '16" (I'm sure that it will catch on) to make me realise that, perhaps, it is time to shake things up a bit. But, hey, let's share a few of my favourites first:


Nourishing Chocolate Milk
Adapted from Deliciously Ella Every Day
This recipe goes down well with everyone in my house! Throw all of the ingredients in and blitz until smooth (Frozen princess cups are optional):


1 banana
1/2 avocado
1 heaped tsp of cocoa powder
A good squeeze/heaped tsp honey
Top up with almond milk











Adapted from Lean in 15
Fats-Me-Up Smoothie
I made the mistake of asking Rich to nip to the shops one night; he came back with a bag full of the most random things, including a bag of limes. In a bid to try and use them up, I tried out this recipe from Joe Wicks and goodness am I glad that I did:

Juice of 2 limes
Handful of blackberries
Handful of blueberries
1/2 avocado
3 tbsp full fat  Greek yoghurt
1 tbsp honey
200ml almond milk
Adapted from Deliciously Ella







Best Breakfast Smoothie
As someone who is usually in work before 7.30, a good but speedy breakfast is essential. Blitz, grab and go:

1/2 avocado
1 banana
1/2 mug berries
1/2 mug of oats
Handful of spinach
Squeeze of honey
Top with almond milk








There you have it! Crack out your blender, get experimenting and enjoy. But remember - if you find yourself huffing, puffing, and muttering "for goodness sake" at the lack of avocados in the salad aisle at Sanisburys, it may be time to cut back...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snooze, Denial, Repeat: The Morning Workout Experiment

From Couch Potato to Skinny French Fry Running in Lycra

Avocado Dreaming